Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Fall on the upper shin, have persistent large on bump on the spot after weeks, pains on pressing. Treatment required?

I recently fell on my upper shin about 2 inches below the knee cap by slipping and falling on the edge of a bench with all my weight on it. I instantly received a bump on it about the size of me knee cap. 2 weeks later, i still have a fairly large bump on my leg in the spot that i received the injury that feels hard as bone to the touch. The only time i feel pain from it is when i press it against anything or knell. Sooo my question is what is it and is it a health risk, should i go see a doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  303
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello calobm

Thanks for posting your query

You had an injury over your upper shin & swelling occurs after that.

It may be a soft tisuse injury or a fracture.

final diagnosis can be made by an x-ray.

So you have to visit an orthopaedic surgeon for examination of knee and x-ray as needed.

Answered: Wed, 12 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor