Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Fall on the knee cap causing a small moveable knot below knee cap, difficulty in sitting. Remedy?

I fell directly on my knee cap on a hardwood floor on christmas day 2012. I had horrible pain after the fall and was unable to move much for 1-2 days. A small bubble or knot seemed to form just below my kneecap and it can move around on some days when I am active. It feels a bit better but when I put my knee on the ground and sit on my heals the pain is unbearable and the knot/bump/bubble swells a tiny bit but it can be moved around by my fingers. I teach martial arts (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu) for a living and it is almost unbearable to be on the mat .
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  170
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Welcome to the forum.
From description ,it seems you might developed soft tissue injury. this knot most probably formed due to haematoma formation (collection of blood) which might get fibrosed or calcified.
I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination of swelling. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance.
Meanwhile give hot fomatation over it, You can take Tablet Motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily).
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you
Answered: Mon, 11 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor