Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Fall on the back causing pain on the neck and shoulder, back of head, wrists. No improvement with icing. Normal?

I slipped and fell a week ago while carrying the trash. I ended up on my back on the ground. My neck and shoulders hurt more now than when I fell. Also, the back of my head hurts (no bump) and my wrists hurt. My left wrist and hand are the worst - it is excruciating if I move it or put pressure on it. I ve used ice and a brace for a week with no improvement. Should I see a doctor, or is this normal for a strain?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
sprains and strains are possible in your case.It can be long standing also.But it is better to consult a doctor to have a physical examination to rule out any fracture or any serious injury.If there is no such problem muscle relaxants and antiinflammatory drugs might give you relief.Hope this may help you
Answered: Tue, 7 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor