Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Fall on knee, pain in far upper portion of knee cap

I am a 41 year old female. I took a hard fall and landed on my right knee and lower right arm yesterday. I have had difficulty bending my knee since then. There is not any swelling but the very upper portion of the kneecap is painful to the touch. The pain is sharp when I bend the knee and I felt a burning pain, almost like a stretching feeling when I bent my knee lifting my foot up sideways to take my shoe off. Thanks for any help you can give!
Asked On : Sun, 6 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  344
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
it is clear it is the result of direct impact of injury. Analgesics local and internal will aid in relieving pain. Have milk with turmeric in it as turmeric is very good in such injuries to restrict internal sweling. Apply myostaal gel and use knee cap. Get it x rayed.
Answered: Sun, 6 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor