Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Fall, hit on the groin, bruising on penis, tear on the skin of shaft, using ice. What else can be done?

my husband (55 yrs old) fell and hit his groin against the toliet (he lost his footing- he uses a motorized wheel chair - but can stand. sometimes not to steady on his feet ) anyway somehow when he hit the toliet falling it bruised his penis and tore the skin on the shaft. I was able to stop the bleeding the skin is torn. but not bleeding anymore. He does not want to go to the hospital. there is brusing. So I put ice on it. what else can I do? I am on SSI and unfortunatly cannot afford the $18. so sorry
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Nothing other than clinical examination can tell you if he needs suturing of the skin or not.
Since that u do not want to go to hospital, kindly use anti-inflammatory agents like IBUPROFEN and ice application.
You need to reconsider your opinion, if there is fever, increasing swelling, or pus discharge form the area.
Best regards
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor