Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Fall, head injury, stroke. Uncontrolled BP, sugar. Unable to do MRI. How to regulate BP?

Hi! My mother is in the hospital with uncontrolled high blood pressure and blood sugar . She fell and hit her head last week after what we believe to be a stroke but cannot lie down for the MRI . She had a stroke 9 years ago and she is 71 years old now. Is it possible that her blood pressure may never be able to be regulated?
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

I assume your mother had a hemorrhagic stroke secondary to head injury. In such cases it is always better to keep the blood pressures at the higher end. In such cases blood pressures need to be lowered gradually and very slowly.

Often in such cases, we plan to intravenous drugs which can be titrated according to the needs in a controlled environment such as ICU.

The condition needs to be managed by multispecialist consisting of a neurologist, cardiologist and the ICU experts.

Hope this is informative.

Answered: Fri, 13 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor