Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Fall from stairs, rectal bleeding, severe pain. Taken toradol shot. Previous bulging disc condition. Treatment?

I fell down a couple of stairs very hard. on my tailbone and back of my head. I had a buldging disc in the l-s area from years ago but now I have rectal bleeding that I didn t have when I went to the ER 2 days ago. will it go away or is it a reason to go all they back to the ER? Not to mention the pain is horrid. I was given a Toradol shot. it helped
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  179
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
thanks for posting your query.
Let me know the associated symptoms along with bleeding per rectum.
Do you have pain abdomen/ unable to pass flatus or stools/ decreasedurine output?
You should consult with general surgeon urgently and should go for thorough check up.
There appears to be major injury in gastrointestinal tract.
You should go for ultrasound imaging on preliminary basis and if needed, then you should also go for CT abdomen with angiography for better clarification of site of bleeding.
Meanwhile, you should take hemostatic for control of bleed.
take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Sun, 27 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor