Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Fall from skateboard, landed on right butt cheek, bruising, fluid build up, pain

I had a fall skateboarding and landed really hard on my right butt cheek. There was significant bruising and now I have fairly significant fluid build up covering a large portion of the cheek and was wondering how I could get rid of it This happened the 19th of may and the pain I have been feeling the whole time hasn t really let up at all.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  576
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

is this fluid get collected in the area within the first 6 hours ? if so this is likely to be blood otherwise I do feel from the way you've said it is likely, part of the inflammatory process and healing secondary to contusion.

Now , it depends of how big of this collection ? How close it is from the skin ? is it deep or superficial? This will require further studies to find out about these concerns, I am expecting that you have seen some body (previously) to role out fractures and wounds in the involved area.

The last thing is should there any constitutional symptoms ( fevers, chills and shivering ) this needed to be attended by a specialist . This might indicate infection required immediate drainage with antibiotica... and so..on.

Take care

Answered: Fri, 1 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
it is likely that you have developed a haematoma in the area , it is collection of blood giving rise to swelling ,pain .
Please consult surgeon and get a check up . it may be required to drain the haematoma to give relief to
your symptoms .
Hope you get well soon
Answered: Fri, 1 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor