Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Fall causing bruises on butt cheek, knot. Using heating pad and ice. Will it go on its own?

I fell almost 5 weeks ago on cement stairs. My right butt cheeck was completely covered with the bruise . A knot had formed and is still there. The bruise as just recently went away. The knoot is the size of a baseball and is long. It is still very tender to the touch. I tried ice and have been using a heating pad recently. Will this go away on its own?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  173
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your query, it seems that you might be having soft tissue swelling.

You can take a painkiller like Ibuprofen twice daily after meals along with an antacid like Omeprazole 40 mg once a day. Serratiopeptidase can be added for better effect.

I would also like to advise you that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated.

Continue hot fomentation as it will be more beneficial than ice in a 5 week swelling.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Answered: Mon, 9 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor