Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Fainted after drinking beer. Bump on head, nausea, headache. Should I go to a doctor?

A couple nights ago, I was out drinking with friends. I took a sip of beer, but immediately spit it back out as I got tunnel vision the moment the beer touched my lips . The next thing I remember, I woke up on the floor. A few hours later, I hit my head against against the wall papered concrete wall next to my bed, while turning over in sleep. I have a bump on the back of my head and a cut on the front. I have been feeling slightly nauseated and headachy since then. I assume I have a concussion . Given the slight nausea and headaches , should I go to the hospital to get checked out? Or should I just rest and give it time?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query,

I feel that you should go for a check up and rule out any possibility of brain injury. I am not sure if people have witnessed any convulsion too. If the scan is normal, I advise you to get an EEG (a test similar to ECG of the heart and it maps the brain function and tells if some one has seizure). If both these tests are normal, I think you may take analgesics for a short duration. Please stay relaxed and get a check up done.

Hope this helps
Best wishes
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor