Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Failure in conception, diagnosed to be unexplained infertility. Should I take the injection for follicle rupture?

hi.. I m trying to conceive from past three years but no progress. i have a retroverted utereus but my doc s tell me thats not an issue. i have a regular periods my husband too is fine ( sperm counts are good) everything seems normal with me. but i have nt conceived at all. My doc is telling me to go for an IUI as she says its an unexplained infertility , but me and my husband are not ok with IUI. now recently i met my doc she is planning to give me an injection on the 7th & 10th day of my periods. i suppose that injection are for follicle rupture of my both ovaries. should i proceed with that?? pls help as i m too confused..
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
you have not mentioned whether tubes are open or not. If tubes are open, best option is to take injections to make many follicles (but not just on day 7 & 10). Injections need to be taken for 7-10days depending on progress. If IUI is added to treatment, it will double chance of pregnancy. So its better to go for treatment advised by your doctor for early conception.
Wish you good luck.
Answered: Wed, 5 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Urologist Dr. P. T. Patil's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You have been trying to conceive since last three years.The conception is result of fertilization of a ovum and sperm. It looks like that there is some problem with ovulation If ovum is not formed then even the result of IUI will be negative So it is utmost important that your ovulation cycle is normal and produces ovum I would advise you to consult Infertility Specialist for proper evaluation and then take the decision of either IVF or ICSI.
Answered: Tue, 4 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor