Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Failed pregnancies, planning for IUI. Is it advisable to take a test to detect blockage of tubes?

Hi , its been 5 years of my marriage... and i got pregnant twice, 1st after 3 months of marriage which i got aborted with medicines and second after 2 yrs of marriage where i delivered a baby boy with normal delivery which was alive for 5 days only as i was affected with dengue .. fo it got transferred to baby and died...Now my query is since 2 yrs am not able to get pregnant so am planning for IUI and do you think that before that i should go for tube test to see if tubes are blocked for eggs to reach uterus
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pulmonologist 's  Response
thanks for enquery
yes u need to
see u were pregnant 4 2 times
so ur hubby has got no problem
so most probably problem from ur side
so before thinking about IUI u need to be evaluated properly by a gynaecologist because there are so many causes of 2ndary infertility which can be treated properly and u can have baby normall
u should have a post-coital test
u should have a TVS
u shoud have a laparoscopic evaluation if needed
u need to exclude first the reversible cause
and i think ur husband's sperm count in not less as well as motility is not worse
and u also have a secondary infertility
so do consult a gynecologist first with proper evaluation
then think about that
i think u got my point
thank u
Answered: Mon, 11 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor