Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Faded red spots along shoulder near collar bone and upper chest, no itching or burning. What is it ?

there are quite a few faded red spots along my shoulder near the collar bone area and along my upper chest area some are the size of a box nail heads others the size of dimes they are circular and oval shaped they do not itch or burn this is the first time anything like this has happened and i don t even have the slightest clue what it could be
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  551
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

I feel that you may be having TINEA VERSICOLOR.

It is superficial fungal infection.

There mild scaly patches.

They may be reddish,blackish or hypopigmented.

It is caused by fungus..melassezia furfur.

Antifungal tablets,cream and shampoo are used to cure tinea versicolor.

You may be cured.

I hope you got my answer.


Dr.ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Sat, 21 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor