Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Facial pain followed by scars from forehead to nose, diagnosed to be herpes. Advised neurologist consultation in case of pain. Opinion?

Hello Sir/Maa m, My mother got pain over face and gradually a marks starts appear from forehead to nose . Then we move for a doctor checkup where they said that it is harpies. Since its swallowing is near by right eye so her eye is not opening. In addition to this she is feeling pain in right part of head. Doctors had given medicine ans saying it will continue to around 6 months. After that if pain continues in head the they will refer to any neurologist . Just wanted to know that we should follow in this way or must took another opinion. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

Your mother has symptoms suggestive of herpes zoster ophthalmicus (HZO). The lesions will sibside gradually over the next 7-10 days. However the pain can vary from person to person. It occurs due to post herpetic neuralgia (PHN). The suggestion given by your doctor is correct.


Answered: Mon, 17 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor