Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Facial hair growth uneven. How to make it even and dense?

I have an issue I would like to address. One side of my facial hair seems to be well developed, it s pretty much in it s final stages and in a fews years it will be completely developed. As for the other side, it seems to be less dense, and there is a noticable patch in the middle, there are a few hairs in it, however it s not completely hairless, it s just that there are little tiny hairs that just don t seem to be growing. Is there any possible way to make that side more dense, and to fill the gaps by speeding up the hair growing process? I heard rubbing garlic helps, is it true?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  430
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to Healthcare Magic.

As per your query you have uneven facial hair growth and you want to make it even and dense.
To guide you better about this condition - Hair growth on our skin especially face is an genetical factors controlled by hormones- especially testosterone. This hormone converts the fine hair into coarse hair.
Now it generally makes the hair even and equal. So it is quite unusual to find good growth on one side and less growth on the other side.
There are certain condition of skin where you find patchy loss of hair. You should meet a proper dermatologist who can rule out that is it a normal ondition or due to some skin condition. If it is normal condition then with the progress of age it may get better or if is due to any skin ailment then need proper treatment to get rid of the problem.
Garlic has no properties to help in hair growth so it would be of no help in reducing the problem. Rather it can burn your skin and hence can produce scarring on face so better avoid it.
Despite above measures if the problem is not getting better then it is better to consult a dermatologist for best guidance.

Hope these informations will help.

"With good health wishes"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology & STDs)
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Johny Chacko's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic
Some have delayed hair growth over face which is constitutional. It can be asymmetrical like in your case. Garlic is an irritant and will cause increase in circulation which may stimulate hair growth, however as face is sensitive it can cause irritant contact dermatitis like a chemical burn, so I won't recommend garlic.

You may use topical minoxidil 5 % gel over the area twice a day. This will stimulate the follicles to grow faster. Get this prescribed by your dermatologist.

Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor