Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Face twitching, drooping mouth. Pain in leg, feet cramps

every now and then i get these awful twitches all over my face. I haven t had them for 2 or 3 weeks now and just yesterday they started again. It feels like my mouth is drooping and i can t open it properly which means that i can t talk properly and i end up stuttering . The twitching is also under and around my eyes and on my forehead . There is no amount of food or kind of food that could be causing it or that helps to make it better. My hands also lock up so that my thumb is touching my index finger and i get pains down my legs and cramp in my feet so am unable to sit without moving about constantly to get comfortable. What could this be please help.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  138
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Radiologist 's  Response
You must be suffering from Electrolyte disorders.From the symptoms it seems to be due to lack of Calcium electrolyte in your body causing Neuromuscular excitability.
Hence i sincerely request you to do the following tests
(1)Complete blood count
(2)Serum electrolytes level (particularly S.Na,S.K,S.Ca,S.Mg).
If this is the case then you will have to get the disorder corrected immediately as it may worsen and may even become life threatening.
First do the investigations done and accordingly get the treatment started.

Feel free to ask questions,if any.
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor