Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

FSH and LH level

I am 23 yrs old and single. I have irriregular periods for past 1yr. my last LMP is 27th feb and I didnt get my cycles, its now 79 days amenorrhea. I did my blood test on day 65 which showed LH- 10.46, Fsh- 6.59, prolactin- 42.45 (my prolactin is always above 35). I took meprate 5mg bd for 5 days from may 9th. Should I wait for my cycles. Wil it be PCOS.
Asked On : Tue, 17 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  212
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  User's Response
Hello Dear
Its most likely is a PCOS and you should treat this. On second day the levels of LH is less then 3 and FSH should be less then 8 for a regular cycles. your Prolactin is also very high so take care of your self , do not wait for the cycles and take some medicine for the same- repeat all hormone levels on the 2nd day of cycle in absolute fasting, do some stretching exercises in morning, Junk Food free diet, reduce your anxiety.
Answered: Tue, 17 May 2011
OBGYN Dr. Minoo Bhagia's  Response
Hello , Nivi,
Yes you can take diane along with metformin 500 mgm twice daily till your cycles are regular.Yes you should do lot of exercises as advised by dr deepak and avoid junk food.
This treatment should be taken under the guidance of your gynaecologist.
Answered: Wed, 18 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Minoo Bhagia's  Response
Yes it can be PCOS as it is very common at your age group.Get an ultrasound and thyroid profile done.As you have already taken the meprate so wait for the cycles , meanwhile you can take syrup eve care which doesn't harm your cycles.It is better to diagnose the cause before taking any hormonal preparations.
take care
Answered: Tue, 17 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor