Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Eyes burned after direct exposure to oven heat, contact lenses fogged up, have flushed eyes with cold water. What else can be done for relief?

I opened my hot oven and burned my eyes from the heat. My contact lenses immediately fogged up and I reacted by clinching my eyes shut with head backing out of oven quickly! I went ahead serving our dinner but 5 minutes later had to excuse myself. I have been flushing my eyes with cool/ cold water compresses since. What are any other remedies so My eyes will stop hurting?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1779
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM. Hope you are feeling a little better with your cool compresses and hope you have removed your contact lens(CL) now.

Until you get an appointment with your eye doctor , get a lubricant( preferably a preservative free one) and apply it 4-6 times a day for soothing your eye. A slit lamp microscope eye examination is needed if you have continuous watering,sensitivity to light and blurred vision, to make sure your Cornea is alright without any epithelial damage. Until then I would suggest not to wear your CL until you are free from redness/ any above said symptoms.

Donot apply any other over the counter eyedrops without a consultation as it might trigger up any pathology if so.

So, let us hope you are alright soon. Take care.
Answered: Sun, 16 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor