Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Eyelids and the outside corner and under the eyes have red flaky skin, swollen occasionally. What do I do ?

My eyelids and the outside corner of my eyes and in a few places under my eyes have been red with dry flaky skin and occasionally swollen for several weeks now. I have tried several lotions, used no make up and have even had an antifungal cream perscribed by a deratologist. Nothing is helping. Yesterday my lower eye lid on one eye became very sore every time I blink or touch it. What do I need to do to help this?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  371
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

You are suffering from blephritis which is usually a bilateral condition i.e it should be present usually in both eyes. In your case it appears that you have had a secondary infection in the affected lid which is swollen. You are advised to keep the areas clean with clean warm water and apply some steroid+anti-biotic ointment in the affected lid ( apply locally outside the eye on eye lid).

Also, you can take some anti-inflammatory tablets for about 5 days.

Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor