Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Eye test done, suggested Toric ICL -STAAR lens. Any Indian brand to substitute STAAR lens?

I want to get eye surgery , my number is -12d in both eyes with -2.5d cylinderical I got tested at wavikar eye care at thane,maharastra..they suggest toric icl with STAAR lens which cost 1.5lac total for both eyes(0000 per eye) IS it costly.. where can i get it more cheaper STAAR lens is too costly, what if i use some indian company lens.. pls suggest email- YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear Abhi,Hi ,Since you have -12D power with some cylinder you need to go for phakic IOL or STAAR lens or Visian lens also commonly called implantable collamer lens or ICL.At present there is no Indian company who is producing these lenses.It is available from Switzerland as the headquater of STAAR company is there.Since it is imported from other country the rate of each torrid ICL is very high approx-50ths plus.Your lens cost is only more than a lakh.So the surgery along with OT charges and professional fees will come to around 1.5lkh.Every where in India the price is approximately same with+/- 10 ths rupees.If you cannot afford so much of money you can go for contact lens....STAAR lens has been recommended for high myopes who cannot undergo LASIK.It's results are good ...TC..Dr Ajay Shankar Kar
Answered: Thu, 28 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor