Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Eye redness and pain, white discharge. Should I be concerned?

Hi, my eye has been red all day today. I ve been pretty sick all week. My eye was red and hurting but I thought maybe it was allergies or related to my cold so I just ignored it. Well, I felt this pop in my eye and all of a sudden this white goo came out of my eye. I can even feel where it popped but my eye no longer hurt. Should I be really concerned? What is this?
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
Hello Qualaya,

Welcome and thank you to HCM

From your description you are probably having conjunctivitis which is usually caused by infections such as virus, bacteria, fungal or mycobacterium etc and could as a result of allergies, order underlying systemic diseases eetc Diagnosis of the affection is clinical and you will require steroid and antibacterial eye drops to ease the pain and treat the cause. If these do not work, then you will need to visit an ophthalmologist as soon as possible.

Hope this helps
Answered: Sun, 6 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Ophthalmologist Dr. Amit Garg's  Response
most probably this is a case of acute bacterial conjunctivitis and immediate medication should be taken after showing an ophthalmologist
Answered: Mon, 7 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor