Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Eye movement on smiling, mouth movement on winking, history of Bell's palsy. How can I cure this?

dear doctor i m a 16 year old girl and last year arround this time of the year i got bells palsey on the left side of my face, but now the bells palsey is almost totaly gone i got synkinesis. everytime when i smile my eye moves to and everytime that i wink my mouth moves. can you pleas give me some advice to cure my face. thanks a lot
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Neurologist 's  Response
After the Bell's palsy your nerves have got reconnected in a wrong way so that you have developed synkinesis. There are some medications which can partially paralyze the muscles of the face and reduce these movements. Of these Botulinum toxin injection is the most successful treatment. In addition facial muscles retraining can help. Botulinum toxin injection needs to be taken periodically under care of a specialist.
Good luck.
Answered: Wed, 8 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor