Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Eye irritation on outer corner, rubbed eyes vigorously, redness. Treatment?

Since January, both of my eyes are irritated where the upper and lower eyelids meet on the outer corner of the eye. It started when I had to do a lot of work at the computer and I believe I unconsciously rubbed my eyes too much. Now my eye corners are constantly itching and are red. I put moisturizing cream but it does not seem to help enough.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1441
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for query.
It seems that you might have some allergy or might be having infection in root of eye lashes, called Blepheritis.
Apply antibiotic cream on hairs of eyelids.
Put some decongestant eye drops in your eyes.
Wash your eyes with fresh, cool water.
ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 8 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor