Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Eye injury, cuts under eye, redness, blurred vision. Medical attention needed?

My 6 yr old son was running and fell and hit his eye on a picnic table. He has a couple of cuts under his eye. The corner of his eye is also blood red and his eye lid and right under the eye are bruised. He told us that when he went outside for recess the first day after it happened it was blurry in that eye, but says it is fine now. Should I be concerned about his vision or anything else and take him to a doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, usually small bruise and cuts in a child can be neglected but as he has hurt his eyes, it would be better to take him to an opthalmologist and get his cornea and oisterior chamnber examined to rule out any internal injury. It is always better to be safe then sorry especially with the eye which is irreplacable. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor