Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Extremely tight foreskin, head not visible when flaccid, pains on trying to retract. Remedy?

I am 21 and I have an extremely tight foreskin . The head is not visible at all when flaccid, and very little is visible when erect. This might be because I have never retracted my foreskin, and very recently I came to know that it is supposed to be retractable upto below the head. I am really worried as I cant retract at all. It seems very tight, feels like foreskin is still attached to the head. When I came to know, I tried retracting, but it causes pain when I try forcibly. What should I do? I know it is not common but are there other people like that? Is it normal for some men? Should I leave it as it is?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello, thanks for using HCM.
One of the reasons why the foreskin is removed is to prevent recurrent urinary tract infections which a person with a foreskin is highly predispose to have. The foreskin is usually removed in a process known as circumcision done at a much early age for most people and cultures.
When circumcision is properly done, the glans penis is exposed together with the furrow behind the penis even when the penis is flaccid.
Presence of the foreskin covering the glans even when the penis is erect does not appear normal and will predispose to infections. It is possible that your foreskin has adhered to the penis following chronic irritation probably by infection under the foreskin or from dirt and it is causing you the pains you feel while wanting to retract. If this is the case, a careful re-circumcision will have to be done esthetically. You should visit your doctor and discuss with him.
Best regards and hope this helps.
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that you are having pin hole opening.
This condition is called Phimosis.
Many a time if one does not avert his fore skin and does not clean the glans under the fore skin, skin becomes adhered to glans giving rise to this problem.
Try to avert the fore skin clean the glans for few days.
With this position if you try to pull the skin forcibly then fore skin go up and will give tight ring above the glans and produce an emergency problem for having Para-phimosis.
If it does not give any result then consult surgeon and go for Circumcision operation.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dermatologist Dr. Rahul Kumar's  Response
Hello dear.
This is phimosis. It is quiet a disabling problem.
There is no medical management for this.
Circumscision need to be done. Please meet a surgeon. This must be treated soon. Else infection will develop
thank you
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor