Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Extremely stressed, difficulty in breathing, sweating. Smoke marijuana regularly. Suffering from depression?

I m beginning to suspect that I might have anxiety? I get extremely stressed over the most trivial things, and whenever I do get stressed, I feel like I can t breath, I start sweating & immediately start to cry. I feel like just about anything can cause me to have a break down, school and talking to authority figures in particular. I was very depressed in high school & I don t know if this could just be depression still. I have been smoking marijuana regularly for the past year. Being high is so far the only way I can cope with stressful situations without breaking down and crying in public.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to HCM

The symptoms of being stressed on trivial things, sweating episodes, crying spells, difficult respiration etc are features of anxiety disorder. Also as crying spells are present so chances of Mild Depressive Episode are also there. Smoking over all increases the anxiety.
As it is an anxiety disorder so treatment is must for this condition. Management with Beta Blockers as Propranolol or Benzodiazepine as clonzepam will help to give symptomatic relief in anxiety.
Other medicines like SSRI as Sertaline, Fluoxetine etc. and SNRI as Venlafexine, Desvenlafexine etc. will help to treat anxiety.
Relaxation exercises, yoga will also help.

Visit your psychiatrist for opinion.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Srikanth Reddy's  Response
Thanks for posting a query in health care magic.
From the description that you have stated it appears that you are probably having a panic disorder. Use of marijuana will escalate the problem in the long run. You need professional care and should visit a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist may consider you for a Cognitive behavioral therapy and also start you on some anti anxiety drugs like fluoxetine, paroxetine, venlafaxine etc.
In addition, proper diet and regular exercise will also go along way in helping in your problem. Say no to drugs.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
If you need any further details, you can contact me directly by using the below mentioned link:
Wish you good health.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor