Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Extremely painful ump under the skin of underarm, with a hair sticking out. Solution for pain?

I have a small somewhat ball-like under the skin of my underarm and it hurts a lot, I tried squeezing it (I know that s not a good thing to do, but really hurts and I just wanted it to be gone) and a couple of days later, I found a hair sticking outside and when I pulled it out, it was like 1.5-2 inches long but after that I just ignored it and until now that 2 days have passed it hurts more.. whenever I touch it, and squeeze it or just fold my arms it hurts.. I m only 16 by the way.. please help
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi, it seems that it could either be a folliculitis or it may be hidradenitis suppurativa.
I would suggest you to take an oral antibiotic for 7 days and apply mupirocin ointment on that part.
take care
Answered: Fri, 5 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor