Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Extreme pain due to swelling in the ovary area, watery discharge. What are the treatment options?

my daughter 27, has had swelling in her ovary area with such extreme pain. then water will leak out like a giant sis burst. They said it has to do with her cycle. Can she have something done to spread her periods out so she doesnt have to suffer every month? Can she get a her tubes tied temporarly? any other options to help her. Thanks ruth
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Your daughter has pain every month with ovulation, is that what the doctors told you?
Is the pain unbearable. Does taking any pain killers relieve her?
Tying up of tubes will not help her as this has to do with the ovaries and the tubes are not involved in this.
She can take some hormonal pills which your gynecologist or physician can prescribe after a physical exam to prevent ovulation for some time. This will reduce her pain and get her periods regularised.
These pills are usually safe and can be stopped whenever pregnancy is desired.
Take care
Answered: Tue, 22 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor