Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Extra skin below vaginal opening, pain during sex. Recommendations?

I've noticed that there is extra skin below my vaginal opening which can cause pain during sex, often feels like it is tearing.. It's hard to explain exactly where it is but it's on the outside, just below my vaginal opening (so nearer to the anus than the clitoris) which feels as if it is hanging partially over the opening itself, it only ever causes discomfort during sex - I'm 18 and have been sexually active with my boyfriend (only ever male sexual partner) for 3 years but seemed to notice this change over the last year or so.. I have never been to a doctor about it as I'm unsure exactly what to expect from them.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  481
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
welcome to HCM!
The loose protruding skin on labia is quite common and does cause irritation when you wear tight fitting clothes .You must get examined because since its close to anus it can be anal tag also.
If its actually arising from vaginal area labiaplasty is in excellent and very helpful procedure that can remove the loose skin and make the labia more normal.
Take care!
Answered: Thu, 17 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor