Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Extra skin, Is it normal ?

I was just looking in my vagina to see if it's normal, and above the opening of my vagina i found an area of extra skin. It doesn't hurt when i touch it or anything, but i would just like to make sure that it is normal. It is located at the front of the lips.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jun 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  1160
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. You do not need to worry much about it. Unless it is inflammed or any other issue arises it normal. But it would be advisable to still consult your gynecologist once and get checked. As in future you should monitor that it doesnt grow big. In case it does you must immediately report it to your doctor. Wish you good health.
Answered: Sat, 10 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor