Experiencing tingling, numbness, pin & needles in hands, legs and feet. Is it something to worry?

I have been experiencing an increased amount of tingling/numbness/pin & needles in my hands, legs and feet . It used to only happen when I sat on my leg or layed on my arm for a prolonged period time and my arm/leg would fall asleep but recently it seems to be happening alot more and not necessarily over prolonged period of being in the same position. i have also been doing yoga on a pretty routine basis. When I am doing moves in which I point or flex back my toes, they get stuck in which they almost cramp up and are painful. I am a former gymnast (many years ago) and never had such problems in performing these moves. I have also been feeling groggy. Its almost like my head and mind are fuzzy or in the clouds and sometimes feels hard to concentrate. I m not sure if these are related or if it is just stress from work but since diabetes and many other ailments run in my family I am starting to become concerned. Not sure if its an overreation and is really just common or something I should seriously consider seeing my family doctor about. thanks for the help in advance
Mon, 29 Jul 2013
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
tingling sensation may be due to neurological problem in spine or may be due to diabetes or other neuropathy. if you have any history of low back pain or neck pain or diabetes then it may be preliminary cause of it.so better go for blood test for fasting and post prandial blood sugar check and xray of lumbar and cervical spine.consult general physician first for screening.