Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Experiencing strange sensation in right abdomen, sensation seems to move. Suggestion?

Hi there, I have been experiencing a strange sensation on the right side of my abdomen . I wouldn t class it as pain more like twinges and a presence of something?? Had this for around 4-5 weeks. The presence/sensation seems to move, as in if I am sitting I feel it higher towards my ribcage on the right hand side of my abdomen. Have had a poke around and don t feel any obvious lumps or bumps. Just a bit worried about this and of course I am thinking the worst! I am a healthy 25 year old female. Any advice information would be appreciated. Thanks, Kate
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  277
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
Hello Kirsty,

It is difficult to tell from your description what you might be having. Sensation could be as result of a floating mass which could be as a result of an ovarian cyst ( very large one). Also it could just be your nerves playing tricks on you ( abnormal nerve stimulation) and could be nothing to worry about.
An intrabdominal mass of unknown origin could be responsible (maybe uterine fibroids).
My suggestion is get an abdominal scan done and get doctor to examine it closely.

Hope this helps
Dr Nsah
Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor