Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Experiencing severe burning sensation and pain in the deep ear. Blocked ears. Shingles?

hi i have experienced real severe ear aches n burning sensation deep inside of the ear. the pain is very excruciating and now cannot hear on the right ear. it has been like this for a 3 weeks.unable to book apt at the gp due to being fully booked. and the hospital advised that it could be shingles and to get it checked out by the gp. id like to hear ur opinion.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
thanks for asking.
Such kind of pain and blocking sensation mostly due to some Ext auditory canal pathology like otitis externa or herpetic shingles better to consult to ENT surgeon and show them, i think its a minor problem just take some analgesics for pain and if its a shingles then just observe for facial asymmertry and take urgent treatment. Thanking you
Answered: Mon, 15 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor