Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Experiencing pressure in head and plugging of ears while laying on stomach?

Why do I get pressure in my head and plugged ears when I lay on my stomach and have my head raised? Sometimes the pressure is so bad that I feel like my head will pop off. I don t lay on my stomach very often due to this, but when I do it happens 99 percent of the time.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Mar 2014
Answers:  1 Views:  1048
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding pressure in head and ear on lying down on prone position.

Here I would like to tell you that if your stomach is distanded, and as soon as you lye down on your abdominal position the distanded abdomen will go in and will press the diaphragm will be bound to go up, these all will compress the intrathorasic cavity so the heart and lungs both will contract to raise pressure in head.

I hope above explanation answers your query.

Answered: Fri, 14 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor