Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Experiencing pain in upper stomach, below the chest. What could be wrong?

I am 42 yrs. I was experiencing pain in the upper stomach just below the chest .. mornings are usually fine.. discomfort appears before lunch time and after lunch.. on some days it continue till late evenings and after dinner I feel relaxed on most of the days.. however here were exceptions in the timings.. My doctor prescribed me Ganaton total(2 months, once daily empty stomach, oflomax TZ & Equirox( for 5 & 3 days respectively) ... i started the course on 15th feb 2013.. I was feeling nice.. Since day before yesterday I am experiencing some discomfort again.. Let me also convey that I had a piece of a big fish the day before yesterday .. otherwise I had been taking mostly veg meals.. today in a plan to avoid roti, I took a rice meal at about 9:30 am.. of course after getting up from bed except water I took nothing.. today i started feeling discomfort immediately after the rice meal and it is continuing even now.. its 2:30 Pm now.. sometime ago had a light meal of kichri in office itself.. i wonder if remaining hungry after getting up for 3 hrs is a reason.. pl guide me Sabikur Rahman email ID: YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

How old are you? Have an ECG, to be sure...

You need investigations - Ultra Sono Graphy & Upper GI Endoscopy.
Gall stone and peptic ulcer are two common things that present like this.
See a Gastro-enterologist...

In the meantime, take antacid and antispasmodic for the time being

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor