Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Experiencing pain in head and skin hurts. Use hard caps on head. Cause for pain?

Hi, I recently noticed that there is a small area on the right side of my head where my skin hurts when I stroke that area. It doesn't hurt to push on it, just if I rub it.

The only change recently is that I have quit drinking coffee. I have had quite a few headaches lately and fatigue but I'm relating that to the recently quitting coffee.

I wear a hard hat everyday and ball caps often. However the hard had and ball cap sit underneath where the pain is located.

Do you have any idea what could cause this?

Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.
We can be sure of the diagnosis if we examine the local area affected. However, it is unlikely to be related to internal brain problem, as it is connected to the skin.
I suggest you get examined by a good local physician for opinion and advice.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email:
My blog:
Answered: Sat, 22 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor