Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Experiencing pain in arm, neck and gland area. Also have tightness in chest. Reason?

Hi my name is Lisa ... i have been experiencing what feels like an electrical shock type of pain in my left arm and up through my neck in the gland area. it is a horrible pain and very random. i can be laying on the couch when the pain comes or driving int he car..,,. i have also hadf some significant tightness sensation in my chest .
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
Hello Lisa,
Those are neuralgic pains and can be idiopathic in nature or due to compression of one or more nerves on your arms, back, buttocks etc. You can take carbamazepine or neucleo cmp forte to calm down the pain, then visit a neurologist for proper evaluation . Try to investigate yourself which positions can provoke or aggravate the pains.

Hope this helps
Answered: Fri, 14 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor