Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Experiencing major discomfort in vagina. Rashes and itch. Is it an STD?

Hi. I am experiencing major discomfort in vagina . Outside is itchy and looks like a rash . Just in one spot. I am in europe and in hot weather sweatig so it feels terible. Idont know if its accosiated w an infection like bacterial vaginosis which i dis have and treated but never was checked to make sure it went away or an std ehich i am terrified about. Any ideas? And what i can use to soothe it?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
hello Princess. If the rash & itch is itchy & red in one spot only, then it is most likely that you ail form a fungal infection. I need a detailed description of the rash to help you further as it is not clear exactly what shape the rash in the spot is like. Are there any blisters or water filled lesions there? Why the STD fear? Is there any recent sexual exposure & details would help please as to when last exposure, use of protection, ? multiple partners etc? You may use a topical mixed cream of a steroid-antifungal mix to help temporarily. Do visit your dermatologist when time permits or if yu desire discretion & anonymity, you may get in touc with me on this portal privately through the paid forum & we can take it from there should you so chose. Trust this info suffices & you get better soon. Cheers. Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Venereologist, Bangalore, India
Answered: Wed, 8 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor