Experiencing hypothyroid symptoms. Taking levothyroxine and cytomel. Gaining weight. What could be the cause?

Although my lab results for my thyroid fall within what is considered "normal" I continue to experience hypothyroid symptoms. My doctor will not increase my thyroid medication because the lab work is considered normal. I was initially taking 125 and then 100 of the levothyroxine and 12.5 of cytomel but the doses have been reduced to 75 of the levothyroxine and 10 mg. of cytomel. With the decrease in medicine I became depressed, experienced tremendous difficulty with my memory, became unable to sleep, extremely fatigued and experience more widespread pain. ( I also have fibromyalgia.) My doctor said I was depressed and prescribed cymbalta. I was referred to mental health and the Nurse Practitioner I saw doesn't think I need medication for depression, I have also been referred me to a Neurologist who feels the memory problems are related to fibromyalgia. I have also been referred for a sleep study and they say I have very mild apnea (15% range?). (I am scheduled to try a bipapp machine.) Although I really don't have an appetite and sometimes don't eat I am gaining weight. I have also started sweating profusely and feel terrible most of the time. Even if I lay in bed for 10 hours I am still not rested. d
Mon, 4 Nov 2013
Hi, besides the hypothyroidism and depression, there are so many other systems, and diseases in our body.
I think the causes of your symptoms might be due to the fibromyalgia, and associated depression.
I to my patient with such symptoms prescribe neurotropic injections for 10 consecutive days, and one injection every week, and for obacity avoid fatty foods, and calories. Thank you.