Experiencing headache & stiffness of neck after taking epidural steroid injection

Hello Dr. Grief 12 days ago I had a epidural steroid injection for low back and leg pain on right, the procedure was Extremely Painful nearly vomited during and had severe pain in both legs and within a short time developed a headache that is in the front and back of the head and stiff neck and has not let up any unless I lay flat, called the Dr 2 days later and said I needed a blood patch but said it may aggravate leg pain more. I feel every heartbeat in my head. Went to ER last night did not feel well dizzy short of breath, bp was real high which it never was 160/90 and 130 heart rate, so they put a monitor on me and sent me home. Cannot get rid of headache and now wonder how long this will last and what to do next. At 54 years old and 190lbs I have only had kidney stones and was able to get though that last year, but this is no treat either. Thanks
Fri, 31 May 2019