Experiencing hair loss ,thinning. Receding since early teen years. Testosterone and thyroid level abnormal. Suggest?

Hi there :) I am a 20 year old male and have been experiencing hair loss since the age of 14. Hair is thinning and falling out all the time and have been to see a trichologist who says there is a lot more hair loss they you would suspect from the back of the head. they did a tug and pull test and a lot fo hair came out from the back and sides even. On the back, sides and top of my head you can see vellous hairs that are minutely thin and some of these are baby hairs that have gone through a short hair growth phase and then fallen out. The fact this is happening all over my scalp does not suggest male pattern baldness . However the trichologist diagnosed me with both diffuse thinning and male pattern baldness because i have recession in the temporal areas, but they started receding when I was 14 and I suspect they have only receded because they were sparse to begin with and so less resistant to what is actually causing hair to fall out all over my head. I am not genetically predisposed to baldness. My Dad is 50 and still has thick hair. My Grandparents, Uncles, Aunts, cousing, brothers and sisters all have their hair. I am always depressed and did have a low serum ferritin level but this is apparently ok now (was 19 but now 63). I have also had some of my hormone levels checked but not all (wanted to know what my DHT level was). My Thyroid TSH levels are 1.82 and my Testosterone levels are 16.81 nmol/l. I do not have the results for free testosterone :/ please help me before my hair becomes even more sparse. Thanyou :)
Mon, 28 Oct 2013