Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Experiencing fatigue,fever and abdominal pain

Hi! My boyfriend started feeling really bad last night. He is 21 years old. We live in Charlotte, NC. And he is experiencing fatigue, fever, abdominal pain (more on left), and frequent and painful bowel movements. Yesterday we went hiking and swimming at Stone Mtn, NC. When we got home at 11:00 pm he began complaining about his joints hurting. He said it felt like his elbows and knees were burning and that his back was sun burnt. Well, he was not sun burnt and he shouldn't have been weak from the hike because we barely did 3 miles and we usually do 10 or more and he is very athletic and fit. He also was having very frequent and painful bowel movements but not really diarrhea. He was also having lower abdominal cramps more on the left side than the right. He started having chills with a low grade fever which just got worse through the night. This morning he said his whole body ached and his fever is now 101. His head is also hurting. He went to get something to drink from our kitchen downstairs and I found him laying on the steps because he got tired on the way there. This is very unusual for him, we have been dating for 5 years and he has only been sick once. Thank you for your help. P.S. I thought he may have gotten a tick on him from the hike, but there was no tick on him this morning.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Feb 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  1840
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
The symptoms and the description is typical of Tick fever. The symptoms also hint about an infective cause. However, unless there is a sign of tick bite with a rash , the doctor won?t be able to confirm it. He has to conduct the necessary tests to confirm this. We also think your boyfriend had physical exhaustion due to intense physical activity along with fever and dehydration. We suggest to take him immediately to a Family Physician or a hospital nearby and get the appropriate care.
Answered: Wed, 10 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor