Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Experiencing constant body pains due to upholstery. Lump on hand, legs, elbows. Was on predezone. What is the cause of this?

My husband is 65 years old, he did upholstery and now for nearly 8 mos. has been experiencing constant pain in different parts of his body. He has swelling in the hands and spongy lump on the top of the hand and now also I saw same spongy lump on one of his elbows. The pain he's been experiencing seems to travel around the body. Sometimes it's in the shoulder, legs, upper leg and lower and in his hands. He can't open a bottle or seem to lift anything above his waist. He has had tests, blood tests but never MRI OR CAT-SCAN. He also seems to need a sleeping pills in order to sleep. His leg keeps twitching at night and there seems to be a pulling action going on which keeps him from falling asleep. Basically he can't function normally anymore. Doctors say he looks fine but don't seem to have any answer as to why this is happening nor what's causing the problem. Too much running around with no answers. He did go to a rhumatologist (bad spelling) but don't seem to have any answers either. Don't know if you can help. He is normally a healthy person and physically active until this happened. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
He is 65 years.
about 5 ft. 7
160 lbs.
normal appetite
Not a drinker except the very odd occasion
Smokes maybe 5 cigarettes. a day (I know what you may say in this regard as we all have heard it a million times)
Doesn't do any drugs except for the ones given for this "whatever"
Was on Predezone for about 2 weeks which did help but about a week and half everything came back again.
I don't know what else to say but thank you for any suggestions you may have.
Sincerely Wife
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns.
You should understand tht doctors are best judges here.
Once they say that there is nothing to worry, then there is nothing to worry.
You need to believe them.
There is no use running pillar to post and spending money.
As there is no physical problems as per the doctors,
try consulting a psychologist an yoga therapist.
Psychologist can cure underlying stress and anxiety relatd problems.
Mind you, wandering pains always indicates mental uneasyness.
Wish your husband speedy recovery.
Answered: Thu, 16 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor