Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Experienced sudden loss of bright red blood after a delayed period, persisting breast pain. Miscarriage?

I think I have just had a very early miscarriage . I have had pregnancy symptoms for 2 weeks including very prominent changes to my breasts- areolas are much larger and lots of bumps have appeared over the areola. I had a negative hpt on day of missed period and today 5 days after missed period experienced sudden loss of bright red blood . My breast are still painful and look the same. Do you think I have miscarried?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012

Welcome to HCM.

From your description you have most probably miscarriage. It is normal to have a negative pregnancy test on the day of missed period or few days after. Right now, you should consider your situation urgent and consult a gynobs immediately. Pregnancy test by dosage of beta hCG in blood and pelvic ultrasound to see if the uterus has any fetal material. Depending on the level of miscarriage you could be having just threatened abortion or inevitable or incomplete or complete abortion/miscarriage.
Your gynobs will examine and determine the extend.

Hope this helps
Answered: Wed, 13 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Michelle Gibson James's  Response
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is possible that an early pregnancy test or one that does not detect low levels of the HCG hormone in the urine ,would have shown a false negative result.
Miscarriage is usually associated with cramping abdominal pain and pv bleeding, the blood may have clots or pink areas.

Slight bleeding can occur in early pregnancy as the baby implants.
It would be best to visit your doctor for another pregnancy test and an ultrasound of the pelvis.

I wish you the best and hope this answers your question
Answered: Wed, 13 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor