Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Excruciating period cramps and brown blood. Why is this ?

Hello, I m having excruciating period cramps and brown blood . This is the second day of my period. It was like this my last period too, extreme pain and brown blood, but it did not hurt like this. I m in terrible pain. What could this be? My periods have never been like this before, last month was the first time, and this cycle they re even worse.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

Pain during menstruation is called dysmenorrhea.
Secondary dysmenorrhea causes severe pain .
You need to get an ultrasound to rule out secondary causes of pain during menstruation like fibroid uterus, endometriosis, adenomyosis.
You can take NSAID's for symptomatic pain relief .
Contact your Gynecologist for definitive diagnosis and treatment protocol.

Dr Nilofer
Answered: Sat, 9 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor