Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Excruciating pain in head, have migraines, nauseated, aneurysm in artery. Coiling or clipping required. Help?

Four months ago, an excruciating pain on the right side of my head woke me up at 4am. I ve suffered from migraines for 30 years. However, I haven t had a migraine in almost 2 yrs. This was the worst headache pain I ve ever experienced. I knew it wasn t a migraine. Plus, I am nauseated and vomiting. I saw my Neurologist and Neurosurgeon . I ve had MRIs (w/wo contrast), MRA , Cerebral Angiogram, Lumbar Puncture , and Steriod shots at all the trigger points. My Neurosurgeon told me the MRA revealed an aneurysm in an artery on the right side of my brain. I asked him to show me on my x-rays. He did and said I needed surgery. He said either coiling or clipping was required. A week later, he said we should wait 6 mos. I was floored! My meds are Dilaudid, Flexeril & Phenergan. However, they are ineffective. I am suffering because the pain is constant. Your thoughts/suggestions? Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
An aneurysm needs to be treated as prescribed by your doctor. I am not sure about the reason why your doctor has asked you to wait this long, but i suppose it is something to do with an appointment for the surgery. The medications that you have stated Dilaudid, Flexeril & Phenergan are fine and good. But after this duration of 6 months you should undergo the mentioned surgery.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Answered: Wed, 4 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor