Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Excruciating pain due to hydrosalpinx

I was diagnosed with hydrosalpinx and in excruciating pain what can I do? I was refered to a gynecologist but they keep giving me the run around and I m hurting real bad.
Asked On : Tue, 17 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  910
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
hi welcome to healthcaremagic
i think u need to get a hysterosalpingogram to find out the u have any other symptoms like painabdomen,fever and any swellings? first get completely evaluated..if the pain is very severe take tab tolpa-d..
Answered: Tue, 17 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hydrosalpinx is a condition where a woman's fallopian tube has become swollen and filled with fluid. The fallopian tube is where an egg becomes fertilized by sperm. The fertilized egg would then travel to the uterus where it would implant and develop into a baby. With hydrosalpinx, however, the fluid-filled fallopian tube blocks the egg and fertilization does not occur. The condition usually affects both fallopian tubes.But it is so bad to do salpingectomy , You can take tradition chinese medicine to treat .The medicine " Fuyan Pill "can cure it.
Answered: Fri, 23 Sep 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Regina, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Are you married and Planning to conceive? It may cause Miscarriage and inability to conceive. You haven't mentioned which side is affected? Hydrosalpinx is a condition where in it causes the tube to dilate and increase in diameter and fill with fluid. The fluid blocks the egg and sperm, preventing fertilization and pregnancy. Kindly do not worry and lose hope because, If only one fallopian tube is blocked and the the one is clear, it may still be possible to achieve pregnancy. It depends on how well the ovaries are functioning, and also what is causing the tubal blockage. In such cases Your doctor may give you fertility drugs to increase the chances of ovulating on the side with the open tube. This is not an option, if both tubes are blocked. Kindly consult another Gynecologist and get a second opinion and get a laparoscopic surgery which can open blocked tubes or remove scar tissue that is causing problems. If your Husband's semen analysis report is abnormal Invitro Fertilization will be considered. You will require a close monitoring of her health once you conceive. There are various cause for Hydrosalpinx like Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, History of abdominal surgery or endometriosis. All these causes have to be ruled out. Kindly do not delay and get yourself examined at the earliest.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
Answered: Tue, 17 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor