Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Excessive sweating on palms and feet,treatment option other than ETS

Hi Doctor, I am 30 years age guy from Bangalore. I have excessive sweating problem on my feet and palms since childhood. This is hereditary in my family. This problem is with my mother and also with my brother. I have no control over this sweating. When it starts & stops I have absolutely no control over it. Usually it stops when I asleep. Usually when it is hot climate it sweats more. It doesn’t depends on any of my anxiety. It sweats even if I am not nervous. I tried many anti-perspirants, deodorants & homeopathy. I used online products like DRYSOL, aluminium chloride in ethyl alcohol - but nothing works . I am afraid and don’t want to go for surgical treatments like ETS. Can you please suggest what should I do? Is there any hospital in Bangalore you would recommend for treatment? Also please tell me which department should I approach in a hospital - Dermatology or Neurology ? Thanks Doctor.
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  330
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to Health Care Magic.

Excessive sweating of palms and soles( Hyperhidrosis) is really a distressful condition. It usually occurs due to sympathetic over activity ( often the cause is not known) or anxiety .

As you have mentioned this often happens even you are not nervous, the cause could be symapthetic over activity.
Try using formalin solution. Get Formaldehyde solution from any chemical store and dilute it in 1:20 Ratio ( 20 cups of water to be added to one cup of formalin) in a plastic tub. Place your hands and feet in the solution for 20-30 mins daily. This should help you.

Taking BOTOX injections was found to be effective in few cases. Iontophoresis is also found to be effective.

If the problem is really severe , then sympathectomy has to be done. Now a days a minimal invasive surgery called Micro ETS has come in to light.

Please consult a dermatologist and seek his advice on the above mentioned treatment options.

Hope you got the solution you were looking for.

Take Care
Answered: Sat, 12 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sajjad Ahmed Malik's  Response
You should better consult Medical Specialist who will thorough check your fitness status and may be he will recommend you thyroid function test to check its status. as its hyper secretion also gives the same picture as its in your case.
Better consult Medical Specialist first
Answered: Sat, 12 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor