Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Excessive flushing, bright red blotches on face, arms, chest, increased pulse rate. Treatment?

i am a 25 year old female. My complaint is with excessive flushing. I get bright blotches on my face,arms and chest often. This usually occurs when I am nervous, consumed alcohol, have cried/ gotten upset, during sexual encounters or sometimes for no reason at all. When it is very bad it is solid bright red on my arms, chest, neck , back, legs, etc. I also have an increased heart rate .
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  153
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to heathcare magic,
from your description of symptoms you might be suffering from anxiety attacks/panic attacks.
the other thing to rule out is mood disorders.
you need to see a counseller or psychiatrist for further treatment.
you need to also reduce your alcohol intake as the symptoms you could be feeling could be withdrawal symptoms.
hope to have answered your query
take care.
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor