Excessive crying in newborns.

My child(1 week baby) is crying daily night but not during day time. what could be the problem? Please help us.
Mon, 5 Oct 2009
's  Response
The constant crying pattern seen in most of the children since the Newborns are always hungry. They have small stomachs and require feeds every few hours. It is very important for a baby to take feeds regularly. He/she needs the diet to grow well. You have to remember that crying is the baby?s main form of communication- it means he/she is trying to tell you something. That could be anything like he/she is hungry, is tired, is too cold or too hot, needs a diaper change, needs to be comforted, has gas in the stomach causing the discomfort, is over-stimulated or is sick. If you do need assistance you can get in touch with our doctors online between 9am to 9pm IST(GMT+5:30) or speak to our doctors through phone at 080-41743045 between 12 noon to 6pm IST.